Cranbourne Club 21 members are about to embark on an exciting journey with their three-year-old trotting filly Naked Ambition poised to take on the best of her age in the coming months.
The winner of four races from twelve career starts to date, Naked Ambition will compete in the Aldebaran Park Starlet at Cranbourne on Sunday 4th October as a lead in to the Group 1 Victoria Trotters Oaks at Melton later in the month.
From there, the daughter of Andover Hall and Starcus will be set for the rich Australasian breeders Crown series in November before rounding out the season in the Vicbred Super Series in late December.
We asked respected form analyst Bill Hutchison to take a look at the leading contenders for those upcoming juvenile trotting feature races.
- Aldebaran Tess and Pink Galahs – Matt Craven has successfully tested these fillies against seasoned older campaigners during the winter.
- Chevron Action and Tailored Elegance – Former Kiwi fillies both placed in NZ Oaks. Not much between them but the latter proved far too good at Bendigo recently.
- Illawong Stardust and Ofortuna from the Craig Demmler and Jodi Quinlan camp – the first named as good as any of them – Can run startling sectionals.
- Im Ready Jet – Breeders Crown winner as a two-year-old – been quiet during the winter but Yabby dam will have her primed.
- Naked Ambition has matured into a lovely filly who looks well up to these now.
- Dizzysjet was up to these fillies last season and has been racing well in high class since going to Tim Butt at Menangle.
- Other promising fillies that have the talent to feature are Quality Sunset, Right Moves, Sultan Sass, Lola Devereaux and Excellent Drop.
By David Scott